Friday, February 8, 2008

I got a job

Yay me. I looked online for a company that does something I have done before. I called, and was told they are not hiring. I mentioned I have experience and prefer to work nights. One interview later and I start Monday. It will be part time, the money is not great and there are no benefits. BUT : I needed a job. I can do this job, and it is a very relaxed atmosphere. AND my schedule gives me the time and opportunity to find a day job with bennies or take a couple of classes here and there. So, this is good.

S and I are still talking. I can't go back to the relationship we had. I am quite unsure that he is willing to put in the work and effort needed to change, so this is all still very up in the air. Also, he thinks he wants/needs to move back to his mothers house. While that may very well be the best financial situation for him right now, I ain't gonna do it.

I don't think he will understand why, all the reasons why, I am not willing to even consider it.

Oh well, I have a job, I will have my own money and be able to do more things on my own, so I am just going to take things as they come.

I am also going to have to figure out how to make the stupid camera work so I can post some pictures here. Right now, as usual when I am at the computer, The Dude is conked out on the top of the shelf on my desk. All four floofy Persian feet are stretched out into the air and his belly is ripe for the petting. Just because he is too cute not to mess with.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, a job, even a not-perfect, but not-awful job is a step in the right direction. I think every little step like that is a victory! Congratulations.