Thursday, May 27, 2010

PINK

Tomorrow, I go to the salon to have pink highlights done. Because I want them. All of my life, I have put off doing things I wanted or would have enjoyed. I always limited myself by saying "someday". Someday, when I lose weight. Someday, when I have a better job. Someday...

Well you know what? Someday is now. I want some pink hair, and I am going to get it. There are a lot of things I want to have - both physical things, and also things I want for my life. And I am going after them. You don't get what you don't ask for. And you don't always get what you ask for. Sometimes you just gave to go for it.

So yeah, the pink hair is not a revolution. But it is a big start for me.

As for work, the employee handbook says that dress is to be professional, that it is up to each center manager to set the dress code. Well, there isn't a formal policy that I know of. Boss dyes her hair various shades of unflattering blonde - hair dye is hair dye as far as I am concerned. Also, boss has 3 visible tattos, so, whatever... The hair. It will be pink!

No comments: